We do not fund retrospectively, and further funding is not available for three years following a successful grant award.
Grants will not normally be made to named individuals for:
- Services for which the health and social care authorities have a statutory responsibility (e.g. medical and dental treatment)
- Services offered in a care home operated by Barchester Healthcare or by any other company (e.g. adequate seating)
- Home improvements and property repairs not related to disability or medical condition
- Basic household items such as white goods, furniture and carpeting not related to disability or medical condition
- Daily living costs (e.g. rent, utility bills, clothing) or repayment of debts
Grants will not be made to community groups and small charities for:
- Core/ running costs or salaries or financial support to general projects
- Indirect services such as help lines, newsletters, leaflets or research
- Major building projects or large capital projects
- Training of staff and volunteers
The Trustees reserve the right to put a cap on grants to a single charity (including all of its branches) in any one year.